Our School - Safety Briefing
NSW DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION AND COMMUNITIES
PLATTSBURG PUBLIC SCHOOL
The New South Wales Department of Education and Communities is committed to the work health and safety of employees, students, contractors and visitors. For your safety and the safety of others, it is a condition of entry to this site that you take a few minutes to read this brochure.
Mandatory site requirements:
- All visitors are required to report to reception on arrival.
- Observe all speed, parking and vehicular restrictions.
- Obey all safety signs and barricades.
- Violent, threatening or other unacceptable behaviour is not tolerated on NSW Department of Education and Communities premises.
- Smoking: Smoking is not permitted on DEC premises.
- Alcohol and Illegal Drugs: Alcohol and illegal drugs are not permitted.
- Weapons: Weapons, including knives, are not permitted.
- Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Substances: Visitors and contractors intending to bring dangerous goods on site must declare these at the reception prior to entering the site.
All hazards and incidents must be reported to the main office. Injuries will be recorded in the Register of Injuries. First Aid treatment is available on site.
In a life threatening emergency: DIAL 000 (for fire, police and ambulance). In ALL CASES, advise the Principal.
Exits: For your safety, make sure you know the location of your nearest exit (see map below).
Fire Alarm: 20 second alarm
Lockdown: 20 second alarm (sounds like a car alarm)
When the evacuation alarm sounds: Evacuate the building and proceed to the assembly area identified on the map. Do not re-enter until advised to do so.